Garmin Express is a software that manages your Garmin devices from the computer. You can use this application to register your device, update your maps and save the preferred locations. The software gives you desktop notifications whenever new updates are available and help you install them. Hence, you can get detailed street maps to ensure fast and accurate navigation.
Minimum System Requirements
To download and install the software, you need to fulfill all the system requirements of Garmin Express that are given below:
- Windows 7 SP1 or newer, Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 (included)
- 1024 x 768 display and USB port
- 1440 x 900 display, USB port
High-Internet speed is also required.
How To Download Garmin Application?
Follow the given steps to download the software on your system:
- First of all, open a web browser, for example, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Now, type Garmin.com/express in the address bar and then press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- Then, the Software download window will appear on your screen. To initiate the download process, click on the “Download for Windows” or “Download for Mac” tab according to your operating system.
- By doing so, it will start downloading the software. As the file may take some time to download so you need to wait for its completion.
- Also, make sure that you do not close the window or turn off your system in between the download process. Otherwise, it will stop downloading the file.
- Once the file is downloaded, it will automatically be saved in the Downloads folder.
Procedure To Install Garmin Express
If you are a Windows user, follow the below-given instructions to install the Garmin Express software.
- First of all, you need to open the Downloads folder on your Windows computer.
- Now, search for the .exe Garmin Express setup file in your folder.
- Then, double-click on the file. It will show you a pop-up box of Security Warning asking you- Do you want to run this file? Click on the yes button.
- Next, the installation window will be shown on your screen. Read all the terms of Garmin by clicking on the “terms and conditions” link. It is necessary to agree with all the terms for installing the software. Hence, select the checkbox given there to accept the terms.
- Also, you can change the installation location of Garmin Express. For that, follow the given steps:
- Click on the Options tab which is positioned at the bottom-left corner of the window.
- Then, it will show you a list of folders. Select your desired folder in which you want to save the installation file. Then, click OK.
- To return back on the installation window, click on the Back button given there.
- Then, click on the Install button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- By doing so, it will show you a pop-up box of User Account Control asking you- do you allow the program to make changes to your computer?. To proceed with the installation process, you need to grant permission by clicking on the Yes button.
- This will start installing the software on your computer. The installation process may take a few minutes so you need to wait patiently.
- After the software is installed successfully, the “Installation Successful” window will display on your screen. Go to the bottom-right corner of the window and click on the Launch Garmin Express tab.
- Lastly, click on the Get Started tab to open the application.
For Mac :
To install the software on Mac, follow the below-given steps carefully:
- First and foremost, open “Finder” on your Mac.
- Now, click on the Downloads tab which is located on the left side of the Finder window.
- After that, search for the .dmg downloaded file of Garmin Express and open it.
- In the next window, double-click the Install Garmin Express icon. It will show you a pop-up box, click on the Continue button to proceed for the next step.
- Now, a new window will appear on your screen- Welcome to the Garmin Express Installer. You need to click on the Continue button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- After that, it will take you to the Software License Agreement window. Scroll down the page and read all the terms and conditions of the agreement. Once you have read all the terms thoroughly, click on the Continue button given there.
- Then, it will show you a pop-up box. You must agree with all the terms in order to install the software. So, if you accept the license agreement, select the Agree option given in the pop-up box.
- Afterwards, the installation window will appear on your screen. To perform the standard installation of Garmin Express, click on the Install button which is positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- By doing so, a pop-up box will display on your screen asking you to enter your Mac credentials. Do the following:
- Enter your Mac username in the first field.
- Then, type your Password into the next field.
- To begin the installation process on your Mac, click on the Install Software button given in the pop-up box.
- Wait for its completion. Once the software is installed, Installation Successful window will appear on your screen. Click on the Close button which is given at the bottom-right corner of the window.
How To Create a Garmin Account?
You need to create a Garmin Account to install all the map and software updates for your Garmin device. Hence, follow the step-by-step procedure that is given below for creating an account:
- Start the process by opening a web browser.
- Now, go to garmin.com/express by typing it in the address bar.
- In the next window, click on the “Profile Icon” from the upper-right corner and then select the Account option.
- After that, the Sign In window will appear on your screen. As you do not have an account, click on “Create one”.
- This will open the account creation window on your screen. Enter your full name into the first field.
- Now, provide an email address that can receive important emails from Garmin.
- Then, re-enter your email address for confirmation. Ensure that you are typing the same characters as in the above field otherwise, it will show you an error.
- Next, you need to create a password to maintain secure access to your account. Your password must contain at least 8 characters, one uppercase and lowercase letters, one numeric value and valid symbols.
- Next, retype your password into the given field.
- Now to get notifications of the latest product news based on your preferences and registered devices, select the checkbox given there.
- If you have read and agree with all the terms, tick mark the given box.
- At last, click on the “Create Account” and this completes the account creation process of Garmin.